Volunteer with Us!
We offer our volunteers a nationally recognised training, interesting work, a friendly team and the satisfaction of giving something back to their local community.
Are you FREE for at least one day a week?
Submit an application online here
We are always looking to take on new volunteers for the following roles;
- Adviceline Assessors
- Administrative Support
- Debt and Money Support Workers to support our specialist debt advisers with debt administration and debt advice. Help with budgeting and personal finance will also form part of this role
- Financial literacy volunteers to assist clients to manage their finances more effectively. Volunteers can assist with administration, marketing, helping to deliver courses and one to one assistance looking in depth at client’s income and expenditure and opportunities for maximising income.
- Trustee, helping to plan ahead, scrutinize performance and monitor the financial position of the organisation
More information about these roles can be found on the national Citizens Advice website
If you are:-
- A people person
- Have a high level of commitment
- Have good communication and listening skills
- Literate and numerate and able to analyse complex information
- Able to use computers
- A team worker
- Prepared to complete on-going training
- Able to do at least one session a week once training is complete
You may be interested in becoming a volunteer
Many of our volunteers go on to paid work in the advice and other sectors using the skills and confidence they learn through their work with us.